Campground Opening Updates
As of May 15th, 2021
The 2021 season is fast approaching and we would like to thank you for your continued patience. With continued concerns over the rising cases and new variants, our focus remains on keeping our staff and customers safe during this period. The current Stay-at-Home Order has not altered our plans and we will be open on Saturday, May 15th, 2021.
Campers will not be able to access the campground before this date for any non-essential reason. This letter sets out some of the relevant provisions of the Stay-at-Home Order and updated regulations, but is not complete. It is important that occupants review the Stay-at-Home Order and regulations and abide by them. For more information on the Stay-at-Home Order and updated regulations please reference the following links:
As noted previously, the emergency order places additional emphasis on the need for Ontarians to stay at home except for essential purposes. COVID-19 continues to spread within Ontario at an alarming rate. Please limit your travel to essential reasons only. Note that the Stay-at-Home Order allows individuals to travel to another residence if staying for less than 24 hours or at least 14 days and are permitted to be on the property by the terms of a full season contract.
Access to the campground is provided as long there is a completed 2021 Seasonal Camping Agreement on file and your account is in good standing order. The office is not open to the public; however, we are available via phone during office hours and by email should you have any questions or wish to make a payment. At this time, the clubhouse and Pro Shop are remaining closed.
Our Continued Health and Safety Focus
Please respect the following:
- Per provincial guidelines, your unit will be made available for access for use by yourself and members of your direct household only. If you are entering the campground, we expect that your travel would be from your primary residence directly to your unit with no trips to local towns.
- For everyone’s safety, please remain on your site while at the property, except for daily exercise or to drive for essential travel. Children MUST be monitored and under parent supervision AT ALL TIMES.
- No visitors are allowed at Pike Lake during the Stay-at-Home Order.
- Per provincial guidelines, no gatherings are permitted during this period. This means you cannot gather with other occupants on your site or deck or in any public space within the property.
- Campfires are permitted with your household at your own site. People outside of your direct household are not permitted to join at your campfire at this time.
- For your personal safety and that of our staff, we ask that you do not engage with employees if you see them working on the property. We are asking our employees to stay at least 2 metres away from other individuals.
- Masks should always be worn as instructed by public health.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms of illness or have any recent contact with a potential or confirmed case of COVID-19, do not visit Pike Lake and follow provincial guidelines for self-isolation/quarantine as appropriate.
- No golf carts are to be used on the property and the golf course is closed and there is no access for walking.
- All public areas are closed at this time including the washrooms, playground and beach. Lake access is restricted to boat launching and securing it to your dock only. We ask that there be no lake use at this time.
- The campground is only accessible through the front entrance at this time. The back entrance is blocked off.
- We look forward to welcoming you and your family back and remind everyone to follow all required protocols set in place in order to keep everyone safe. We ask that everyone be respectful of staff and of each other and if the rules are not followed, you will be asked to leave the campground.
- These are difficult times and we thank everyone for their patience and understanding. It has not been easy to sort out all of the do’s and don’ts that are required to open but we are excited to be able to open the campground on May 15th while following the current restrictions imposed by the government.
ATTENTION RESIDENTS & SEASONAL CAMPERS:
**Please check your junk mail for this email if you have not received it in your inbox already.
Pike Lake Golf Centre Limited